The State of WordPress 2008: Awesome Growth
Originally uploaded by jonathanfh
The State of WordPress 2008: Awesome Growth(August 16, 2008 TechCrunch)
Mullenweg’s yearly keynote, was “Strong,” and growth from both WordPress.com and WordPress.org (their hosted and self-hosted platforms, respectively) sure show it. Here are the stats for WordPress.com over the last year:
• Page views grew from 1.5 billion to 6.5 billion/month
• 1/3 of the page views come from VIPs like CNN and LOLCats
• 120-160 million global unique visitors per month
• Two million new blogs created for the year
• 35 million new blog posts (up from 20 million)
This growth is also seems significant versus WordPress.com’s main competitor, Typepad.
I think that WordPress.com is interesting blog service though I was writing the blog also in Japan.